Everything You Need to Learn Bass Guitar the Right Way. Notes, Rhythms, Bass Lines and Music Principles to Get You Playing Your First Songs in Just a Matter of Days
Bass Guitar Beginners Jumpstart teaches you music fundamentals and bass skills to get you started the right way.
Learn to play guitar, FAST! Even if you’ve never made music before, you’ll gain confidence as you hear your first notes, walk your first bass lines and complete your first songs. And, you’ll be learning the Seeing Music method that lets you learn music easily using visual cues.
Student tested and proven learning method.
Any time or age is a great time to begin bass guitar. This method has been tested with child and adult learners and has proven to work. It’s like having a guitar teacher with 30 years of experience sitting right there with you!
Learn to play with either a pick or fingerstyle.
Lots of photos to walk you through learning both fingerstyle bass and playing with a pick.
Step-by-step instructions for learning success. Great for kids and adults!
Even if you’ve tried to play bass before and failed, Bass Guitar Beginners Jumpstart will walk you step-by-step from your first notes to your first bass lines and your first songs. And, along the way you’ll be learning the valuable foundation of music and music terms that will accelerate your learning long after you’ve finished the book.
AUDIO BONUS: Loads of audio examples from the book for free download to get you learning FAST! Download free MP3s of the lessons now at SeeingMusicBooks.com
Learn the fundamentals of music: note names, rhythms, scales, bass lines and basic songs.
In Bass Guitar Beginners Jumpstart, you will learn:
- Note Names Through the First 5 Frets
- Time Signatures
- Note Values (eighth, quarter, half)
- Major and Minor Scales
- Pentatonic Scales and Bass Lines
- C Major and G Major Scales
- Fingerstyle and Pick Techniques
- Country, Blues, and Rock and Roll Songs
- How to Create Your Own Bass Lines
Complete Chapter Listing:
- Selecting Your First Bass
- Bass Guitar Care and Maintenance
- Day 1 – Proper Playing Position
- Fretboard Diagrams
- Day 2 – Playing Single Notes
- Day 3 – The Major Scale
- Know Your Fretboard (Part I)
- Day 4 – C and G Major
- Day 5 – A and E Major
- Know Your Bass (A guitar anatomy lesson)
- Day 6 – Right Hand Rhythms
- Know Your Fretboard (Part II)
- Day 7 – The D Major Scale
- Day 8 – Minor Scales
- Day 9 – Play Your First Songs
- Day 10 – Creating New Bass Lines
- Milestones in Music (chapter review)
- Scale and Note Reference
- Blank (fretboard) Diagrams and Staff Paper
Begin Your Bass Playing Adventure Here! Learn the right way from day one and you’ll be on the road to musical success.
Save time, save frustration and build the skills you need with this fun, thorough beginner’s method for bass guitar.