Everything You Need to Learn Banjo the Right Way. Chords, Rhythms, Basics Rolls and Music Principles to Get You Picking Your First Songs in Just a Matter of Days
Banjo Beginners Jumpstart teaches you music fundamentals and banjo skills to get you started the right way.
Learn to play banjo, FAST! Even if you’ve never made music before, you’ll gain confidence as you hear your first notes, strum your first chords and complete your first songs. And, you’ll be learning the Seeing Music method that lets you learn music easily using visual cues.
Learn the proper way to strum, form chords and find different and interesting rhythms.
Any time or age is a great time to begin banjo. This method has been tested with child and adult learners and has proven to work. It’s like having a teacher with 30 years of experience sitting right there with you!
Lots of photos from the learner’s point-of-view.
Have you tried learning chords, only to find it difficult to know when you’re fingering them correctly? Just like having a music teacher to demonstrate, our chord photos show you how your hand should look from both the front and from YOUR point-of-view! Check yourself against the photos and learn with confidence!
Step-by-step instructions for learning success. Great for kids or adults!
Even if you’ve tried to play banjo before and failed, Banjo Beginners Jumpstart will walk you step-by-step from your first note to your first chords and your first songs. And, along the way you’ll be learning the valuable foundation of music and music terms that will accelerate your learning long after you’ve finished the book.
AUDIO BONUS: Loads of audio examples from the book for free download to get you learning FAST! Download free MP3s of the lessons at SeeingMusicBooks.com
Learn the fundamentals of music: chords, scales, note names and basic songs. Know when you’re doing it right using our photos from YOUR point-of-view to check your fingering.
In Banjo Beginners Jumpstart, you will learn:
- How to Read Chord Diagrams
- Note Names Through the First 5 Frets
- Time Signatures
- Note Values (eighth, quarter, half)
- Major and Minor Chords
- Many Commonly Used Rhythms
- C Major and G Major Scales
- Traditional, Blues, and Bluegrass Songs
- Correct Hand Position Using Player’s Point-of-View Photos
Complete Chapter Listing:
- Selecting Your First Banjo
- Banjo Care and Maintenance
- Day 1 – Proper Playing Position
- Fretboard Diagrams
- Day 2 – Playing Single Notes
- Day 3 – The G Major Scale
- Day 4 – Playing Your First Chords
- Know Your Banjo
- Day 5 – Playing Barre Chords
- Learning Your Fretboard
- Day 6 – Frailing the Waltz
- Day 7 – Picking the Banjo Roll
- Day 8 – Portable Chords
- Day 9 – Minor Chords
- Day 10 – Intro to 7th Chords
- Day 11 – Add the 5th String
- Day 12 – Play Your First Songs
- Bonus – The Greatest Intro and Outro
- Milestones in Music (Review)
- Chord and Note Reference
Begin Your Banjo Picking Adventure Here! Learn the right way from day one and you’ll be on the road to musical success.
Save time, save frustration and build the skills you need with this fun, thorough beginner’s method for either 4- or 5-string banjo.
92 pages, 8 1/2″ x 11” paperback, glossy cover, SeeingMusicBooks.com